I’m sure you have seen plenty of others sharing their resolutions all over the web, and either you love making resolutions or it is not your thing. It is something that definitely works for me, so I’m jumping on board and sharing mine as well!
I put my goals into categories and I also consider the why and how behind each goal.
Faith Goal – Having an active faith is important to me and I feel these are ways that I can do that. I set aside time each morning for #1 & 2 as well as make plans with our small group on a regular basis. I also want to regularly start giving to the church.
- Find a new devotional to read
- Journal and pray every day
- Continue participating in small group
- Give tithing each month
Fitness Goal – I like being active, but it has been hard to be motivated when I am tired from a long day at work (plus mornings are not easy either). Giving myself something to work towards, like a 5K, and including a variety of workouts are always good motivators.
- Consistently workout 3-4 times a week
- Find a routine I enjoy
- Complete a 5K and a boot camp
Health Goal – Having a healthy lifestyle is something I have been striving for the past few years. We have incorporated several changes but there is still room for improvement, particularly in the veggies area 😉 I feel like these things are ways to help improve our health.
- Do a sugar detox
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water daily
- Make a new recipe weekly
- Bake 1-2 times a month
Family Goal – Family is SUPER important to me and spending quality time with those I love is my #1 love language. To do that I need to step away from my job and focus on that time. We also want to add our black pug to our family this coming summer and I can’t wait!!
- Abide by my office hours to have more quality time available
- Have a date night at least twice a month
- Add Cooper to our family 🙂
Personal Goal – Doing things for myself is also important and reading, traveling, and friends are all things I enjoy 🙂
- Read 20 books
- Go on a honeymoon outside the U.S.
- Fulfill 3 things on my bucket list
- Keep in better contact with friends & build new friendships
Work Goal – Setting goals for teaching is good to keep me on track and in check. Building a better schedule I feel will help with time management, focus, and stress. I also want to communicate with parents more and start working towards earning more credit.
- Set office hours and stick to them
- Finish lesson prep by the end of the prior week
- Increase parent contact for each student
- Work on earning grad credit
Financial Goal – This is a strength area for Cody and me. We have already started budgeting and have open conversations about our money. With continuing our budget, we would like to start towards becoming debt free; we also want to meet with a financial planner to discuss investing and saving, making sure we are doing it all right.
- Continue budgeting every month
- Pay more on student loans
- Meet with financial planner
Blog Goal – With my blog being relatively new, I wanted to boost my focus on it just a little bit. My posts were not consistent, so I wanted to work on that. I also want to start appealing to more visitors and followers. Any bloggers out there have any advice??
- Post 2-3 times weekly during the school year and can increase number during time off
- Work on increasing views and followers
Whew! There you have it. It may seem like a lot but I feel that it all goes together and is doable. Thankfully, I have accountability in Cody and support of others. I plan to do a check-in in a few months.
Do you have any goals for 2016?