Today was officially my last day of the school year with students! We have a work day (or half day) tomorrow and then we are free for the summer. To celebrate, I’ve created a summer bucket list of things I want to do.
- Venture out to a new state – this is one I’m not sure will happen but we’ll see what the summer brings.
- Head up to Greenville, SC for some hiking and to see the waterfalls
- Weekend on the Edisto River – there is this really cool excursion that has you canoe up the river then stay in a tree house along the river.. hopefully they aren’t filled up yet.
- Honeymoon in Punta Cana – so excited to finally be able to go on our trip and celebrate being married!
- My birthday is in July, actually while we are on our honeymoon, but I would love to get some friends together after we get back since it is my 25th birthday
- Pick up Cooper – I might be more excited about this one than my birthday. We are finally going to be able to add our puppy to our family! We are meeting him this weekend and will bring him home right after we get back from our honeymoon. So, I definitely have some to-dos for this so we are ready when he comes home.
Just For Fun
- Go on a picnic
- Enjoy music down at Waterfront Park
- Go to a Riverdogs game (or multiple)
- Go on a brewery or distillery tour
- Try paddleboarding
- Try 3 new places to eat/drink
- Take in a movie on the beach
- Read at least 12 books (play a little catch up on my 2016 book list)
- Binge watch Netflix – there are a few shows that I need to catch up on or have been waiting to watch this summer
- Take Pure Barre classes
- Spend time (1 on 1 and group) with friends
Around the House
- Create a gallery wall in our living room
- Sell or donate our unwanted items
- Plan next year’s curriculum – although I’m on summer break, I still want to spend some time getting ready for next year
- Attend professional development – I have two 3-day workshops lined up this summer already
- Konmari my classroom – read this blog post from Eat. Write. Teach. to know what I’m talking about
- Start using an editorial calendar to begin blogging consistently
- Work towards increasing viewership and networking
- Do research on how to better this blog (any suggestions?)
Then of course, you can add in the usual summer loves like pool and beach days, grill outs, seeing the sights, date nights, etc.
What do you have to look forward to this summer? What would be on your bucket list?