I have always had a serious case of the travel bug. One of the things on my bucket list is to visit all 50 states. However, my wanderlust has grown past the borders of the United States; I want to see the world. Here are my top 10 places on my travel wishlist.
- Italy – Rome and Venice would be my ideal cities to visit. Being a social studies teacher, I am in love with all the historical and cultural aspects of the world. I would love to tour the Colosseum, throw a coin into the Trevi fountain, and eat lots of pasta and gelato. Venice is known for their gondola rides and it would be fun to ride one.
- Ireland – I love the countryside here and would like to visit some of the bigger cities like Dublin and Cork.
- England – I know London is known to be dirty but there are so many iconic sights to see.
- Peru – Machu Picchu is one of my favorite wonders of the world!
- New York City – This is one of the big cities of the U.S. I haven’t visited and need to experience.
- Canada – I have been told Toronto is a great city to visit and I also want to visit Niagara Falls from the Canada side (I’ve heard it’s better!)
- Iceland – Reykjavik is the capital and most well-known town in Iceland. Plus, the hot springs are a must visit! If you want a great road trip around the coast of Iceland, check out this post from Hej Doll. I hope to use this trip some day.
- South Africa – I want to go on an African safari and I know there are some good ones in this country.
- Norway – I love Norway’s geography with all of their fjords! It would be great to hike or boat through them.
- Alaska – I have never gone on a cruise, and I think an Alaska cruise would be a great way to experience both!
Also, here are two places I have been that I look forward to visiting again.
- Santorini – I visited back in 2012 for a college class.
- New Zealand – I visited in 2008 as part of the People-to-People program.
Where is on your travel wishlist?
For other places that have caught my eye and maybe yours, check out my travel Pinterest board.