Now that we are halfway through the summer (crazy!) I wanted to look back on my bucket list I created at the beginning of the summer. Let me tell you, I didn’t realize how much I wasn’t doing off of it lol. Hoping to kick it up a notch these last 4 weeks.
Update: Anything written in blue is an updated from the month of July!
- Venture out to a new state >> We went to a new country, not a new state; we might have to check this one off after the summer ends.
- Head up to Greenville, SC for some hiking and to see the waterfalls >> Hoping we can possibly get there in the next month.
- Weekend on the Edisto River – there is this really cool excursion that has you canoe up the river then stay in a tree house along the river.. hopefully they aren’t filled up yet. >> We didn’t get a chance to schedule this for this summer, maybe this fall or next year!
- Honeymoon in Punta Cana >> Just got back on Saturday and it was amazing! Look out for a couple posts about it!
- My birthday is in July, actually while we are on our honeymoon, but I would love to get some friends together after we get back since it is my 25th birthday >> I had a great birthday in Punta Cana and I’m hoping to put together a BBQ later this month. (Had a birthday party with some other July birthdays from small group the last weekend of July)
- Pick up Cooper >> We’ve officially had him home with us for about 3.5 weeks and we have completely fallen in love with him!
Just For Fun
- Go on a picnic >> Cody and I had a lunch date picnic one day, ate Jimmy Johns sandwiches in the park
- Enjoy music down at Waterfront Park >> Plans to do this the 1st Friday of August!
- Go to a Riverdogs game (or multiple) >> We have been to one but I want to hit up a couple more!
- Go on a brewery or distillery tour >> We went to a brewery for a trivia night but didn’t do a tour.
- Try paddleboarding >> We are doing this either this weekend or next, depending on the weather!
- Try 3 new places to eat/drink >> DONE! Cody and I went to 5Church and Cypress on a double date then I went to Another Broken Egg Cafe for brunch with my small group girls.
- Take in a movie on the beach
- Read at least 12 books (play a little catch up on my 2016 book list) >> I’ve only read 2.5 books this summer so far, definitely haven’t lived up to this goal yet. Hoping I can make myself take more time to read the many books that I desire to.
- Binge watch Netflix – there are a few shows that I need to catch up on or have been waiting to watch this summer >> I definitely got this done! I spent the first couple of weeks of summer working on things and playing with Cooper while shows would play in the background 🙂
- Take Pure Barre classes >> I decided to just stick with my boot camp workouts from earlier in the summer to save money.
- Spend time (1 on 1 and group) with friends >> I’ve been making a conscious effort on this one, but I need to be better about spending time talking with friends back in Iowa.
Around the House
- Create a gallery wall in our living room >> Now that I have more pictures to use from our honeymoon, I can put this together. (Photos are officially printed for the gallery wall! I call that progress!)
- Sell or donate our unwanted items >> I’ve done this partially but I still have some things to get rid of. (I finally got my clothing posted for sale on Poshmark.)
- Plan next year’s curriculum – although I’m on summer break, I still want to spend some time getting ready for next year >> Starting on this next week, but I still want to enjoy my time off as well. (Made a good dent, especially for the first two weeks!)
- Attend professional development >> I attended the educator symposium in June and I have another workshop at the end of the month. (My other workshop got cancelled… sad day.)
- Konmari my classroom – read this blog post from Eat. Write. Teach. to know what I’m talking about >> I’ll work on my classroom at the beginning of August when I can spend more time there. (Not sure if I’ll time for this one now since I’m not able to get into my classroom until a week prior to school starting…)
- Start using an editorial calendar to begin blogging consistently >> I haven’t been using a digital one but I do put together a pen-and-paper calendar each month of my posts.
- Work towards increasing viewership and networking >> Still need to work on this, hoping I can learn and get some help with it.
- Do research on how to better this blog (any suggestions?) >> I’ve been reading quite a few articles about bettering the blog and I’m going to continue to learn more so I can improve it to the best it can be.
Then of course, you can add in the usual summer loves like pool and beach days, grill outs, seeing the sights, date nights, etc. >> Been good with this! (Still rockin’ it!)
Questions for You:
What has the highlight of your summer been?
Is there anything you haven’t done this summer that you wanted to do?