Even though there are only a few weeks left of summer for us teachers, the season of summer is only about halfway over. This means there is still plenty of time to hit up the beach before the temperature starts to change (and even longer maybe here in Charleston).
Here is a list of must-haves for when I go to the beach!
- Swimsuit – Obvious, right? I have been better about investing in some good swim pieces in recent years instead of just buying the cheap suits. The one I bought for this summer was from Victoria’s Secret. They have great supportive tops and I’ve found bottoms that actually cover the whole area.
However, I just recently discovered Adore Me and I’m excited to include some of their pieces in my rotation for next summer! They are reasonably priced and include the entire swimsuit set, not just one piece. Here are some of my favorites I found on their swimwear page.
They also have a great plus size page for anyone is looking for bigger sizes while still wanting to have that cute or sexy appeal.
- Beach Chair – I’m not a fan of laying on the sand, even on a towel, so I like a good chair to sit in. I love these chairs we received as a wedding gift. They are easy to transport and I love all the pockets and it can even lay flat. We have bigger lounge chairs but they aren’t as easy to carry.
- Sunscreen – I have become more protective of my skin in recent years. I like that even when you wear sunscreen you can still gain a nice sunkissed glow. I like to use SPF 50 Sport of either Banana Boat or Copper Tone.
- A good book – Between dips in the water, I like to have a good book to read while I am soaking up the rays. With the sound of the waves in the background, it creates a relaxing oasis even in the summer heat. How to Knit a Love Song by Rachael Herron was the one of the books I read while we were on our honeymoon.
- Water bottle – Staying hydrated in the sun is important and the beach chair I mentioned above has a cooler pocket to keep it cool and a cup holder while you have it out so it doesn’t get sand all over it.
- Sunglasses – I am much more concerned about keeping my eyes safe and being able to see rather than the coon eyes you can get by being in the sun too long with sunglasses, haha! These cute purple pineapple ones are what I purchased for our honeymoon from Target.
- Over-sized towel – I like them extra big (and in a cute color or pattern is a bonus)!
- Swim cover-up – I’ve been using either a basic cotton cover up or a shift dress as my cover up this summer. But Adore Me also has some really cute cover-ups, including this one that I would totally love in my closet!
- Tote – Finally, I need a bag to carry all of this stuff in. I have a couple bags, either made of canvas or burlap, that I bring with me. The bags can get pretty full, especially with Cody and I go together. This means we will usually have double of everything plus a football to throw around on the beach. Sometimes, we have to use our handy dandy beach cart to haul everything!
There you have it, my #BeachDayMusts!
What are your beach day musts?
*The opinions on the products listed above are my own.